Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroons are easy to make German Christmas cookies, and they are delicious. Find more tips and information here: All about Macaroons
Macaroons can be varied with all kinds of flavors and ingredients. It is the most versatile German cookie. As almost every German Christmas cookies the macaroons can be kept for weeks – so starting the Christmas Bakery weeks before is very safe. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroons
(makes 50 macaroons)
250 g powdered sugar
250 g ground hazelnuts and 50 whole hazelnuts
zest of organic 1/2 lemon
dark baking chocolate
Baking Instructions Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroons
– Mix eggs and sugar until foamy, then add ground hazelnuts and zest, cinnamon.
– With wet hands form small balls and place them on a tray layered with baking paper. Place on each ball a hazelnut – keep a good distance between them and don’t make them too big.
– Bake in pre-heated oven for 10-15 min on 200 F.
– Melt chocolate in doubler boiler.
– When the macaroons are cooled off dip one half into the chocolate – let cool off.
You also can chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and add to the dough.
Depending on what oven you have baking time can vary. Never bake them too long as they will get dry.