The Chocolate-Coffee Cake is originally a Polish cake which contains coffee liquor. If you like coffee liqueur feel free to add it to the recipe. The chocolate coffee cake recipe is very simple. The dough looks thin at the beginning but during the baking process it will get firm. So no worries. The chocolate coffee cake is ideal for your Sunday “Kaffee und Kuchen” time. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Chocolate Coffee Cake
150 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), unsweetened
180-200 g sugar (or if you like it sweeter 250g)
1 package Dr Oetker vanilla sugar (0.3oz) – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
150 g butter
75 g flour
5 tsp instant coffee (or more as desired)
powered sugar, whipped cream
– melt chocolate with 150 g butter using double boiler method.
The Double Boiler Method
– place a ceramic bowl into a pot with some water.
– add the chopped chocolate into the bowl.
– bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat a bit.
– the chocolate will melt now.
– beat eggs with sugar and vanilla sugar until foamy.
– add flour, instant coffee and molten chocolate to the dough.
– pour dough into a greased spring form (diameter 26cm) and bake for 35-40 min on the middle rack of the pre-heated oven on 180 C or 350 F.
– Before serving dust with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream.