Cherry Jam with Asbach: If you are tired of buying jams because you love home made food, here is a great German recipes for cherry jam with a bit of the German brandy Asbach Uralt.
Ingredients (makes 5-6 jars depending on size) Cherry Jam with Asbach
about 1 kg cherries, washed and de-pitted or sour cherries
500 g sugar
1 package pectin
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
1 little (German) Schnaps glass Asbach Uralt
– take out the pits if necessary and puree cherries (not too fine).
– in a large pot mix cherries with sugar, lemon juice, pectin and Asbach, bring to a boil and stir frequently.
– let it boil for 4 minutes, stir continuously.
– prepare jars, rinse them in hot water, dry them then fill with cherry jam, close right away.
– turn jars upside down and let them stand like that for 15 minutes, then turn around and let cool off.
Find Asbach Uralt at www.duggansdist.com – they cannot sell it online but take calls or emails for orders.
phone: (845) 358 7230