The Cherry Bundt Cake is a classic German cake recipe.This cake is also called "Rodonkuchen", especially in the Northwest of Germany. Some call it ring cake. You can use a variety of cherries for this German cake. If you like to add a glaze mix powdered sugar with Kirsch Schnaps and spread it over the cooled off cake surface. Happy Baking!
200 g cherries, no pits (you can use: sour cherries, fresh ones, cocktail cherries, candied cherries, maraschino cherries or morello cherries in liquor)
2 tbsp cherry brandy (Kirschwasser, Kirsch Schnaps)
100 g butter
200 g sugar
1 pk vanilla sugar Dr Oetker, 0.32 oz
1 pk baking powder Dr Oetker, 0.5 oz
1 pinch salt
500 g flour
100 ml milk
100 g raisins
100 g chopped almonds
2 tbsp almond flour or bread crumbs
Fresh cherries: wash them, pat dry and remove pits.
Sour cherries: drain them thoroughly in a sieve.
If you use Morello cherries in liquor don't use the Kirsch schnaps!
- Place cherries in a bowl and sprinkle them with Kirsch Schnaps, cover with foil and let soak for 30 min. Drain them in a sieve.
- all dough ingredients should be having room temperature. Have them for 30-60 min out of the fridge.
- Mix eggs with sugar, salt and vanilla sugar in one direction until foamy.
- add butter bit by bit; butter should be soft and not liquid.
- mix flour with baking powder and sieve it to the dough, spoon by spoon, not at once; add chopped almonds.
- add the cherry kirsch schnaps liquid.
- turn raisins in flour and add to the dough. Gently mix them in, then at the end add the cherries and fold them in with a wooden spoon.
- grease a Bundt cake form and sprinkle with almond flour or bread crumbs.
- bake on pre-heated oven on 175 C or 350 F for 70 min.
- when cake is done place it on a baking grid, when cooled off dust it with powdered sugar.