500 g pork stew meat
2 tbsp clarified butter
1/2 tsp German mustard
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 medium size onion, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 carrot, grated
200 ml German beer
600 ml vegetable broth
salt, pepper, mild paprika powder to taste
1 tbsp creme fraiche or heavy cream (sour cream might be good as well)
Cooking Instructions Bavarian Brauhaus Goulash
- Heat clarified butter in a skillet.
- Brown meat on all side on high heat for 1-2 min. Spice to taste.
- Chop onions, grate carrot, press garlic through a garlic press.
- When meat has nicely browned and there is no water anymore in the pan, add garlic, onions, carrot, mustard and tomato paste. Fry for 2 min.
- Add beer, cook until no liquid is showing anymore. Add broth.
- Cover skillet and let cook for about 1 hr, in pressure cooker 35 min.
- 5 min before cooking time has ended add cream and if you like mix 1 tbsp corn starch with cream which will thicken the sauce.
Serve with Spätzle, mashed or boiled potatoes, dumplings or Serviettenknoedel.