Serve this German almond Streusel cake with a cup of coffee and whipped cream! Easy to make, delicious German cake for your Coffee and Cake time. Just relax and enjoy life! Happy Baking!
Ingredients German Almond Streusel Cake
100 g butter
400 g flour
200 g sugar
4 tbsp milk
4 tbsp oil (sunflower, canola)
125 g quark - How to Make Quark -
2 packages vanilla sugar - 0.6oz - How to make Vanilla Sugar -
1/2 pouch Dr Oetker baking powder (One pouch sufficient for 4 cups (500 g) of flour)
200 g creme fraiche
3 tbsp almond slices
1 tbsp coarse sugar (optional)
1 tbsp powdered sugar
Baking Instructions German Almond Streusel Cake
- Melt butter on very low heat, let cool off a bit.
- Mix 200 g flour, 100 g sugar and 1 dash salt.
- Add 1 egg and butter.
- You can use hands or kneading hooks for the hand mixer, to combine everything for the Streusel.
Make the Dough
- Mix milk, oil, 1 egg, 1 dash salt and 50 g sugar. Combine 200 g flour and baking powder and sieve to the quark cream.
- By use kneading hooks, knead until you get a smooth dough (or use hands).
- Sprinkle flour on a baking board or smooth surface. Roll dough oval (18x35cm).
- Place diagonal on a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix creme fraiche, 50 g sugar, vanilla sugar and 1 egg.
- Spread on dough.
- Sprinkle Streusel on dough and add almonds at last.
- Bake in pre-heated oven on 390 F for 20-25 min (convection oven is 350F).
- When done let cool off.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar and dust with powdered sugar.