If you ever wanted to make a German salad for your party, we have the right recipe for you: The Authentic German Pasta Salad. This salad is super easy to make and tastes so much better than the ones you can buy in the super markets. Does not contain any sugar and is the best when using organic vegetables. Happy Cooking!
1 cup Elbow pasta
2 spring onions
2-3 mini cucumbers
5 tbsp green peas and 5 tbsp sweet corn (frozen)
salt, pepper, sweet paprika to taste
1 dash nutmeg
1 tbsp greek natural yoghurt and 1 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp sun flower oil and 3 tbsp vinegar (white or red wine) – I used the German 13 herbs vinegar
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
2 small tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
– Bring water with some salt to a boil.
– Cook pasta per directions (normally it takes only 4-5 minutes).
– Drain pasta.
– Peel cucumbers, cut in small pieces.
– Cut tomatoes and spring onions in small pieces.
– Combine in a bowl peas, sweet corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, spring onions with spices. Mix well.
– Add drained pasta, mix well.
– Mix mayonnaise with yoghurt, oil and vinegar and add to salad.
– Spice again to taste.
Let sit for 15 minutes in the fridge before you serve this delicious summer salad with Bratwurst, Frikadellen (burgers) or with any grilled meats fresh from the BBQ. Tastes awesome with a steak or grilled chicken breasts.