Ingredients Authentic German Chocolate Rum Balls
100 g butter, warm
100 g powdered sugar
200 g milk chocolate
100 g dark chocolate, semi-sweet (60-70% cocoa)
4 tbsp dark rum (or Amaretto, Brandy)
Chocolate sprinkles or unsweetened cocoa powder
Baking Instructions Authentic German Chocolate Rum Balls
(makes about 40 balls)
– Butter should be very soft. Mix butter until foamy.
– Sieve powdered sugar, add to butter.
– Break chocolate into smaller pieces, melt in double boiler.
– Combine butter-sugar mix with chocolate and rum.
– Let sit in fridge for 1 hour.
– Dip hands in cold water and form small balls out of the chocolate batter.
– Roll the balls in cocoa powder or in chocolate sprinkles. If you like you can use also unsweetened grated coconut. Place on a plate.
– Let sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
– Place each ball into matching paper cups (the ones you use for pralines).