This is a recipe for authentic German chocolate rum balls which is very popular for the holidays. There is no Christmas without these delicious chocolate balls.It’s an easy recipe and you don’t need any special ingredients. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Authentic German Chocolate Rum Balls
100 g butter, warm
100 g powdered sugar
200 g milk chocolate
100 g dark chocolate, semi-sweet (60-70% cocoa)
4 tbsp dark rum (or Amaretto, Brandy)
Chocolate sprinkles or unsweetened cocoa powder
Baking Instructions Authentic German Chocolate Rum Balls
(makes about 40 balls)
– Butter should be very soft. Mix butter until creamy.
– Sieve powdered sugar, and add to the butter.
– Break chocolate into smaller pieces, melt by using the double boiler method.
– Combine butter-sugar mix with chocolate and rum.
– Let sit in fridge for 1 hour.
– Dip hands in cold water and form small balls out of the chocolate batter.
– Roll the balls in cocoa powder or in chocolate sprinkles. If you like you can use also unsweetened grated coconut. Place on a plate.
– Let sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
– Place each ball into matching paper cups (the ones you use for pralines).