This is an authentic German Chocolate Cake as we make it in Germany. It is not the cake that is offered in the USA as a German chocolate cake. The chocolate cake recipe we want to feature today is simple and the chocolate might be still somewhat liquid inside. The amount of flour is correct. This is a proven recipe. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Authentic German Chocolate Cake
150 g chocolate, bitter sweet (zartbitter)
250 g butter
120 g sugar
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp baking powder
optional: 100 g ground almonds
100 g chocolate, dark, unsweetened or semi sweet
100 ml heavy cream
Baking Instructions Authentic German Chocolate Cake
- Melt chocolate using the double boiler method.
- Mix eggs with sugar until foamy. Add flour, cocoa and baking powder (plus of you use ground almonds).
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C or 320 F. Grease a spring form.
- Pour dough into form and bake for 30 min.
- When done let cool off before releasing from the form.
For the glaze:
- Heat heavy cream.
- Break chocolate in small pieces, place in a bowl.
- Add hot heavy cream and mix with chocolate.
- Spread the glaze on the cake and let cool off in the fridge.