Asparagus with Sauce Hollandaise Recipe: In Germany we grow white asparagus in certain regions, and in spring you can find white asparagus in every super market. If you can get white asparagus you should get it, otherwise use green asparagus but not the super thin one. This dish is a nice side dish but also can be used as a meatless main dish. Serve with boiled potatoes or fresh bread. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Asparagus with Sauce Hollandaise Recipe
500 g asparagus (preferably white)
1 spring onion
1 liter water, some salt,
70 g butter
80 g grated Gouda cheese or cheddar
Sauce Hollandaise – Click here for the recipe
Cooking Instructions Asparagus with Sauce Hollandaise Recipe
– Wash vegetable, peel potatoes and white asparagus (not the green one). remove hard parts from asparagus.
– Cut all vegetable in small pieces, asparagus too.
– Cook carrots in salt water for 5 min, then add remaining vegetable and cook for another 15 min, drain well.
– Place vegetable into a fire proof form.
– Make the sauce and add bit by bit butter and cheese; pour over the vegetable.
– Broil for 5-10 minutes on high heat until cheese has melted.