This German dish Asparagus gratin with ham is a light asparagus dish that can be an appetizer or a main dish served with boiled potatoes. Preferably used with white asparagus. You can use the green asparagus for this German recipe as well. Happy Cooking!
Ingredients Asparagus Gratin
1kg white or green asparagus
1/8l asparagus water - 1 package Hollandaise sauce (such as Knorr, McCormick or similar)
50 g butter
2 wedges cooking cheese like from laughing cow or the German cheese Hochland, alternatively cream cheese.
lemon juice, nutmeg
4 slices cooked ham or prosciutto
Cooking Instructions Asparagus Gratin
- prepare and boil asparagus; keep 1/8 l of the cooking water if you use the sauce from the package.
- make the sauce per instructions - bring to a boil while using a whisk - or make it from scratch - GO TO the Hollandaise RECIPE
- bit by bit add butter and cheese continuing whisking; spice with lemon juice and nutmeg.
- place asparagus in a fire proof form, pour sauce over it and bake for 20 min on 350 F.
- Roll the ham and serve it with the asparagus gratin.
Serve with boiled potatoes.