Almond Cookies are easy to make and a very popular and classic German cookie recipe for Christmas and the holidays. Surprise your friends and family with this German Christmas cookie. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Almond Cookies
(makes 50-60 cookies)
zest of 1 organic lemon
200 g butter
100 g sugar
300 g flour
1 egg, medium
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp milk
Baking Instructions Almond Cookies
- Grate half of the lemon.
- Cut butter in small pieces.
- Knead butter, sugar, flour, lemon zest with the kneading hooks of the mixer, then use the hands to knead until you get a smooth dough.
- Wrap dough in foil and keep in fridge for at least 30 min.
- If almonds are not blanches, place them in boiling water, bring to brisk boil, then place them in cold water. Remove the skin; with a small knife cut the almond in half.
- Add flour on a baking board and roll the dough thin (3-4mm) and cut out different shapes.
- Layer a baking tray with parchment paper, place them on top.
- Mix egg yolk with milk, brush it on top of cookies.
- Place on each cookie one half almond.
- Bake in preheated oven on 390 F or 200 C for about 10 min (convection 350F).
Repeat until all dough is used. It is recommended to use 2 baking trays.