Ingredients Almond Chocolate German Cookies
250 g flour
1 point of a knife baking powder
1 dash salt
120 g powdered sugar
1 package vanilla sugar - 0.3 oz - How to make Vanilla Sugar -
zest of 1/2 lemon or 3 drops natural lemon flavor
2 tbsp milk
200 butter, cold
100 g butter
80 g honey
250 g almonds, roughly chopped
1 package - 0.3 oz - vanilla sugar
130 dark or semi sweet chocolate
almond halves for decoration
Baking Instructions Almond Chocolate German Cookies
- Mix flour with baking powder, sieve on a baking board.
- Make a mold in the middle, add salt, sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon, egg and milk. With some part of the flour mix ingredients.
- Cut butter in pieces, add to dough. Cover with flour, knead with hands until you get a smooth dough.
- Place for 30 min in fridge.
- Roll the dough until thin, place half of the dough on a baking tray layered with parchment paper.
- For the Filling bring butter, honey and sugar in a pan to a boil, add almonds and vanilla sugar. Mix well.
- Let cool of a bit, spread on dough. Place second dough on top.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 18 min on 350 F.
- Let cool off completely before you cut in cubes.
- Melt chocolate with double boiler method. Place the cookie on a fork and dip into chocolate, let cool off on baking paper.
- Decorate each cookie with one half almond. When the chocolate has become firm you can remove them from the paper easily.