The recipe for the almond chocolate german cookies is quite easy, and you will not need any special ingredients. Try them out and you will bale them again and again. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Almond Chocolate German Cookies
250 g flour
1 point of a knife baking powder
1 dash salt
120 g powdered sugar
1 package vanilla sugar – 0.3 oz – How to make Vanilla Sugar –
zest of 1/2 lemon or 3 drops natural lemon flavor
2 tbsp milk
200 butter, cold
100 g butter
80 g honey
250 g almonds, roughly chopped
1 package – 0.3 oz – vanilla sugar
130 dark or semi sweet chocolate
almond halves for decoration
Baking Instructions Almond Chocolate German Cookies
– Mix flour with baking powder, sieve on a baking board.
– Make a mold in the middle, add salt, sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon, egg and milk. With some part of the flour mix ingredients.
– Cut butter in pieces, add to dough. Cover with flour, knead with hands until you get a smooth dough.
– Wrap in foil and place for 30 min in fridge.
– Roll the dough until you have a rectangle thin layer, place half of the dough on a baking tray layered with parchment paper.
– For the Filling bring butter, honey and sugar in a pan to a boil, add almonds and vanilla sugar. Mix well.
– Let cool of a bit, spread on dough. Place second dough on top.
– Bake in pre-heated oven for 18 min on 350 F.
– Let cool off completely before you cut in cubes.
– Melt chocolate with double boiler method. Place the cookie on a fork and dip into chocolate, let cool off on baking paper.
– Decorate each cookie with one half almond. When the chocolate has become firm you can remove them from the paper easily.