Bavarian Ham hocks is a traditional and authentic German Bavarian specialty and is not just served at the Oktoberfest. In Germany we call this dish “Schweinshaxe” – Haxe is another name for “leg”, and Schwein means “pig”. Ham hocks are also called Eisbein, Hachse, Haxe, or Stelze. And in Bavarian it is a “Hax’n”. The … read more …
2020 – Get the German Christmas Box from November 1 – December 14
AUTHENTIC GERMAN FOOD RECIPES
- Original, traditional and local German recipes
- Easy and quick German recipes
- German dishes your mom or grandmother used to make
- Typical, delicious German Dessert recipes
- Irresistible German Cake and Bread recipes
- Information on German Ingredients
- How to make specific Ingredients
- Yummy German meat and potato dishes, soups, vegetable and side dishes
It’s all about the German traditions and the German way of life on this website. It’s about the typical German “Gemütlichkeit” that goes along with good German Food.
“Gemütlichkeit” means “Feeling comfortable, cozy and social” – A German attribute that you can find in any German Gasthaus (Inn) where you can order local and traditional home made dishes.
On MyBestGermanRecipes.com you can find all these wonderful and delicious recipes which will bring some of the German “Gemütlichkeit” to your home wherever you may live.
Enjoy this website and all the German recipes. Happy Cooking and Baking!